CCSi UltraLife molds are designed, engineered, and manufactured to produce high quality specimens, over an extended service life!
CCSi manufactures these specimen molds, as described in ASTM D3182 “Standard Practice for Rubber-Materials, Equipment, and Procedures for Mixing Standard Compounds and Preparing Standard Vulcanized Sheets.”
The ASTM D3182 “standard laboratory mold” is used for the preparation of vulcanized sheets, which are specified in an untold number of test methods, procedures and practices.
This mold, in one configuration, or another, is a “must have” item in virtually every production or R&D environment!
CCSi manufactures many variations… one to suit nearly every application. They are available in 150 x 150 mm (6 x 6 in.) and 150 x 75 mm (6 x 3 in.) sizes, including single and multiple cavity designs.
Ask for Price
CCSi UltraLife molds are manufactured from homogeneous, solid, high carbon content A2 tool steel. Each undergoes precision grinding and CNC (Computer Numerical Control) machining to exacting requirements. The mold cavities are expertly honed and hand polished, after which the mold is industrial chrome plated.
Precision grinding ensures a parallel surface profile of the platens and CNC machining provides ultra-close dimensional tolerances, while the honing and polishing processes guarantee smooth, true specimen cavities. The durable, hard chrome finish resists the corrosive and adhesive effects of most compounds, greatly improving overall durability and ease of maintenance.
The CCSi UltraLife mold platens are thicker than standard molds, providing superior heat and pressure distribution, as well as extending the mold’s useful life by resisting distortion. This also allows the overflow recesses to be deeper, reducing problems associated overfill.
CCSi UltraLife molds feature a unique cam-action hinge design which improves the critical distribution of pressure. Typical ‘fixed-hinge’ designs cause material to flow, outwardly, from this constraining point. This uneven application of pressure may cause excessive overfill, or cavity voids. The cam-action hinge design has all of the advantages of ‘stacked plate’ molds, combined with the convenience of ‘fixed-hinge’ designs!
The handles are manufactured from 304 stainless steel and contain integral support pins. This allows the handles to rotate, which facilitates opening the mold. The handles are ergonomically positioned to ease placement and removal from the heated laboratory press.
Large triangular pry slots are located at the corners, opposite the cam-action hinges. These further facilitate mold opening and reduce the occurrence of cavity damage from improperly positioned tools.
The CCSi ASTM D3182 Specimen Molds Feature:
- Exclusive UltraLife engineering;
- Designed with advanced 3D solid modeling;
- Manufactured using computerized systems and techniques;
- CNC (Computer Numerical Control) 3 axis machining;
- Precision ground;
- Expertly honed;
- Finely polished;
- High carbon content A2 mold steel;
- Thicker plates resist warping, distribute heat and pressure evenly;
- Cam action hinges prevent uneven closure;
- Industrial chrome plate finish;
- 304 stainless steel rotating handles ease opening, closing and handling;
- Deep overflow recesses (flash pockets) reduce overfill problems;
- High strength fasteners resist the effects of strain and stress;
- Temperature probe orifices may be added for profiling;
- Optional finishes are available for highly corrosive compounds.
- ASTM D3182 UltraLife 150 x 150 mm (6 x 6 in.), 1 Cavity;
- ASTM D3182 UltraLife 150 x 150 mm (6 x 6 in.), 2 Cavity;
- ASTM D3182 UltraLife 150 x 150 mm (6 x 6 in.), 4 Cavity;
- ASTM D3182 UltraLife 150 x 75 mm (6 x 3 in.), 1 Cavity;
- ASTM D3182 UltraLife 150 x 75 mm (6 x 3 in.), 2 Cavity;
- ASTM D3182 UltraLife 150 x 75 mm (6 x 3 in.), 4 Cavity;
- Other configurations are available by special request.
|Part Number||Mold Configuration||Specimen Size & Configuration|
|CCS-MD3182-66-1||D3182 1 Cavity||150 x 150 mm (6 x 6 in.)|
|CCS-MD3182-66-2||D3182 2 Cavity||150 x 150 mm (6 x 6 in.)|
|CCS-MD3182-66-4||D3182 4 Cavity||150 x 150 mm (6 x 6 in.)|
|CCS-MD3182-63-1||D3182 1 Cavity||150 x 75 mm (6 x 3 in.)|
|CCS-MD3182-63-2||D3182 2 Cavity||150 x 75 mm (6 x 3 in.)|
|CCS-MD3182-63-4||D3182 4 Cavity||150 x 75 mm (6 x 3 in.)|
molds, test specimen molds, Standard Practice for Rubber – Materials Equipment and Procedures for Mixing Standard Compounds and Preparing Standard Vulcanized Sheets, rubber sheets, laboratory mold, ASTM D3182, D3182.