CCSi manufactures these high quality Specimen Cutting Dies for the determination of the lowest (subnormal) temperature at which rubber vulcanizates and rubber coated fabrics will not exhibit fractures or cracks in the coating when subjected to specified impact conditions.
The description of which is found in ASTM D2137 ‘Standard Test Methods for Rubber Property — Brittleness Point of Flexible Polymers and Coated Fabrics’.
ASTM D2137 employs two Methods, A and B:
- Method A for rubber vulcanizates;
- Method B for rubber coated fabrics.
Each of which use die cut specimens described, somewhat confusingly, as Type A and Type B:
- Method A uses a Type B specimen and is employed in the determination of the lowest temperature at which rubber vulcanizates will not fracture or crack. The Type B is also commonly known as a Modified T—50 die.
- Method B uses a Type A specimen and is employed in the determination of the lowest temperature at which rubber coated fabrics will not fracture or exhibit coating cracks.
The test methods assess materials by subjecting the specimens to a user—defined subnormal temperature and impacting them under specific conditions of specimen position, impactor geometry, speed, and energy.
CCSi UltraLife specimen cutting dies are manufactured from homogenous, solid, high carbon content A2 tool steel. Each undergoes multi-axis precision grinding and conventional, plunge, or wire EDM (Electrical Discharge Machining) processes … producing a world-class, close tolerance die.
Precision grinding and EDM processes ensure true parallelism and multi-plane dimensional accuracy. The quality of materials, design, and engineering serve to provide the highest specimen quality possible, over an extended service life.
Where highly technical manufacturing techniques and processes end … old-world craftsmanship begins!
CCSi UltraLife specimen cutting dies are individually serialized, hand-honed, and mirror polished. A protective coating of industrial enamel is applied to the non-cutting surfaces before undergoing a rigorous final inspection.
Each UltraLife specimen cutting die includes a detailed final report and certification to the applicable standard, traceable to NIST, and compliant with ISO 9001:2000 and ISO/IEC 17025. The specimen dies are placed in a plastic, blow-molded, ‘clam shell’ style case with a foam lining to protect the die during transport and storage.
The CCSi Specimen Cutting Dies Feature:
- Exclusive UltraLife cutting edge technology;
- Designed with advanced 3D solid modeling;
- High carbon content A2 tool steel;
- Manufactured using computerized systems and techniques;
- EDM (Electrical Discharge Machining);
- CNC (Computer Numerical Control) 4 axis machining;
- Precision ground;
- Expertly honed;
- Finely polished;
- Protective industrial enamel coating;
- Plastic, foam lined, protective case;
- Traceability of dimensional measurement to NIST;
- Certification to ASTM D2137;
- Compliance with ISO 9001:2000 and ISO/IEC 17025.
- ASTM D2137 Type A,
- ASTM D2137 Type B.
|CCSi-D2137-An||Type A Die without mounting device||40 ± 6.0 x 6.0 ± 0.5 mm (1.58 ± 0.24 x 0.24 ± 0.02 inch)|
|CCSi-D2137-Aa||Type A Die with arbor press mount||40 ± 6.0 x 6.0 ± 0.5 mm (1.58 ± 0.24 x 0.24 ± 0.02 inch)|
|CCSi-D2137-Ap||Type A Die with press adapter||40 ± 6.0 x 6.0 ± 0.5 mm (1.58 ± 0.24 x 0.24 ± 0.02 inch)|
|CCSi-D2137-Am||Type A Die with mallet handle||40 ± 6.0 x 6.0 ± 0.5 mm (1.58 ± 0.24 x 0.24 ± 0.02 inch)|
|CCSi-D2137-Bn||Type B Die without mounting device||6.35 mm2 x 25.4 ± 6.4 x 2.54 mm (0.25 in2 x 1.00 ± 0.25 x 0.10 inch)|
|CCSi-D2137-Ba||Type B Die with arbor press mount||6.35 mm2 x 25.4 ± 6.4 x 2.54 mm (0.25 in2 x 1.00 ± 0.25 x 0.10 inch)|
|CCSi-D2137-Bp||Type B Die with press adapter||6.35 mm2 x 25.4 ± 6.4 x 2.54 mm (0.25 in2 x 1.00 ± 0.25 x 0.10 inch)|
|CCSi-D2137-Bm||Type B Die with mallet handle||6.35 mm2 x 25.4 ± 6.4 x 2.54 mm (0.25 in2 x 1.00 ± 0.25 x 0.10 inch)|
specimen dies, cutting dies, Standard Test Methods for Rubber Property-Brittleness Point of Flexible Polymers and Coated Fabrics, ASTM D2137, D2137, subnormal temperature, low temperature, bend test, flex test, flexibility, rubber coated fabrics, coated fabric, cold test, brittleness point.