Our racing tire durometer was designed to produce accurate results each time to give you the edge for your rally, motocross, drag, kart, F-1, Nascar, etc. Drivers routinely refer to tires as “hard” and “soft,” hard tires supposedly being the norm for a newly repaved race track. Many race tracks rely on tire durometers that are used to measure the indentation hardness of the tire.
2. They then track the changes in durometer over the life of the tire (assuming you don’t wear them beyond usable life first), and note the changes in grip so they know when to change the tires to retain the maximum grip and handling and when the tires have exceeded their heat cycle life and are now costing them time.
Actual Durometer Hardness Readings Reported:
- Michelin Pilot Sport Cup @ 68F = 62A DP @ 112F = 55A DP durometer
- Avon Tech R-A @ 69F = 58A DP @ 165F = 46A DP durometer
- Hoosier R3S05 @ 66F = 56A @ 165F = 44A durometer
- Kumho ECSTA V710 @ 66F = 58A
- BF Goodrich Traction T/A all-season tire @ 74F = 58A durometer
- Michelin Cross Terrain SUV all-season @ 74F = 59A durometer
- Michelin Rear Formula 1 slick @73F = 70A durometer
- Bridgestone Rear Formula 1 Rain i @ 74F = 66A durometer
Hoosier Tire – R3S05 / R6 / CUP
V700 Victoracer, Ecsta V700, and Ecsta V710 @ 72° F = 70-72A. At operating temperature (surface temp of 175° F/internal temp of 250° F), = 58A After that initial heat cycle, the durometer reading returns to 69 to 70A at room temperature.
- Max Hold Pointer Standard
- Easy to Read 0 to 100 Point Dial
- Resettable ancillary hand records the peak reading
- Threaded mounting knob permits permanent test stand emplacement
- Accessory Test Stands Available
- Includes Precision Aluminum Test Block
- Carrying Case
|Scale:||0 — 100, 1 Point Graduations|
|Accuracy:||± 1 Point|
|Dimensions (H x W x D):||102 x 57 x 44 mm (4.0 x 2.25 x 1.75 inch)|
|Weight:||227 g (8 oz.)|
|Presser Foot:||41.275 x 25.4 mm (1.625 x 1.0 inch)|
PTC Durometer, PTC Durometers, Shore hardness, pocket durometer, Shore scale, hardness, rubber hardness, plastic, plastic hardness, indentation hardness, ebonite, ebonite hardness, rubber hardness testing, rubber testing, hardness testing, durometer hardness, testing, ASTM D2240, D2240, ASTM D1957, ISO 868, ISO 7619, ISO 8517, ISO 7267, ISO 21509, ISO 18517, JIS K6253, JIS K6251, JIS K6252, JIS K 6253, JIS K6254, JIS K6255, JIS K6256, JIS K6257, JIS K6258, JIS K6259, JIS K6260, JIS K7215, DIN 53505, DIN 53 505, CNS, K6898, BS 903, BS 2782, BS ISO 21509, BS EN ISO 868, GB/T 10807, Asker, Asker C, SRIS 0101, MIL-STD-45622A, MIL-I-45208A, MIL-STD-120, 83.060, 83.080, hysteresis, creep, Young’s Modulus.