CCSi features this high quality Gibitre® Schob Type Pendulum Tester for evaluating impact resilience and penetration of rubber by means of a pendulum rebound, as described in ASTM D7121, “Standard Test Method for Rubber Property-Resilience Using Schob Type Rebound Pendulum.”
The Model G—PRT features automated operations and the mechanical mechanism greatly simplifies the testing procedure, reducing technician intervention and producing accurate, precise and reliable results.
The resilience measurements are accurate, reliable, repeatable, reproducible and as easy as 1—2—3!
- Insert the specimen,
- Release the Pendulum Arm,
- Remove the specimen.
The test determinations are automatically DISPLAYED, STORED, MEAN CALCULATED and the RESULTS PRINTED!
The Gibitre® Schob Pendulum Rebound tester features microprocessor calculation of the mean value of the test determinations performed. It also features a large backlit LCD data / function display located on the console unit.
The Model G—PRT has an integral thermal data printer for producing a “hard copy” of test results . It is available with an optional RS—232C serial port for connection for data transmission, storage and retrieval.
- Automatic system to evaluate rubber resilience;
- Electronic console to display, compute and print test data;
- ASTM D7121 1 DIN 53 512 and ISO 4662 Testing;
- Accuracy to within ± 0.5%;
- Automatically records and calculates mean value;
- Displays Test ID information, Rebound %, individual determinations with the option to exclude insignificant values or improperly conducted tests;
- Prints Test ID information, individual determinations and the mean of the 5 tests;
- Sample holder is designed for ease—of—use and properly securing the specimen;
- Control Console includes keyboard, backlit LCD display and 20 column thermal printer;
- Optional RS—232C serial port to transmit data;
- Power Supply: 220 VAC ± 10%, 2 amp, 1 PH, 50 ± 3 Hz;
- Power Usage: 40 Watt;
- Console Dimensions (W x L x H): 410 x 280 x 200 mm (16.1 x 11.0 x 7.9 in.);
- Instrument Dimensions (W x L x H): 200 x 200 x 500 mm (7.9 x 7.9 x 19.7 in.);
- Console Weight: 10 kg (22 lb);
- Instrument Weight: 30 kg (66.1 lb.).
ASTM D1054 1 was modified in 2002. The information regarding Schob Pendulum Rebound Testing was removed and D1054 is no longer pertinent. The new method for Schob Type Pendulum Rebound Testing is published as ASTM D7121.
ASTM D7121, ASTM D1054, rebound, Schob, oscillatory device, pendulum rebound, rebound resilience, resilience, rubber, impact, polyester, polyether, plastic, foam, impact strain, strain rate, DIN 53 512, ISO 4662, 83.060.