Shore ceased all production operations in 2012 and their products are no longer available. CCSi continues to support Shore equipment in regard to service, calibration and ISO/IEC 17025 certification.
The truly state—of—the—art Shore® Model S1 Modular Digital Durometer revolutionizes and surpasses traditional methods of testing the hardness of rubber and plastic materials. It provides the user with a large, high contrast, digital LCD display that holds the reading at a preset elapsed time, until reset by the operator. Adjustable through the integral timer, it assures accurate timed readings.
Engineered and built to exacting standards, the Shore® Model S1 Modular Digital Durometer will provide the precision and longevity associated with the Shore® name since 1915.
The unique Shore® Model S1 Modular Digital Durometer incorporates an “LVDT” with I/C technology that accurately senses indentor position and a “Load Indicator” that assures the proper application of force to the test specimen for improved accuracy and repeatability when used as a hand held durometer.
The modular design provides 10 standard scale interchangeable pre—calibrated test probes in Shore scales A, B, C, D, DO, M, O, OO, and JIS scales A & C. The new Types OOO and OOO—S will be introduced in the coming months.
Shown on the right is the S1 with the optional mounting kit including the RS232—C cable, additional test probes, test blocks, and carrying case.
The optional mounting kit attaches the S1 to Shore® automatic or manual operating stands.
The Model S1, shown on the left, is in the display stand (included with the test stand mounting kit). The detachable probe (center) is connected to the main display body using an RS232—C cable (not shown) and may be operated as a hand held unit independent of the display body.
The detachable probe (right) is shown with the adapter interface. This allows the probe to be mounted on a Shore® operating stand using the optional test stand mounting kit.
Please refer to the Shore® Durometer Selection Guide for an explanation of Shore® model, type and scale designations, as well to assure the proper selection of the Shore® durometer to suit your specific application.
- 3 digit (00.0), high contrast, backlit, easy—to—read LCD display;
- Sound transducer audibly indicates the “end of test”;
- Indentor positioning sensor employing an LVDT and IC technology;
- An electronic timer, adjustable from 1—25 seconds in 1 second increments;
- RS—232C interface output;
- Test counter displays the number of test performed;
- Out—of—tolerance indicators, both audible and visual;
- Quick, reliable pass/fail testing;
- Integral memory allows for on—board storage and recall of up to 256 test determinations under lot and part numbers;
- Statistics, including maximum, minimum, range, standard deviation and average values;
- Battery operation for portability, includes an automatic sleep mode for extended battery life and a low battery indicator;
- Ergonomically designed for operator comfort when used as a hand-held instrument;
- Modular design provides testing flexibility with interchangeable test scale probes.
|LCD Display:||3 digit resolution (00.0)|
|Presser Foot:||Diameter: 18 mm (0.71 inch) |
Length: 9.5 mm (0.374 inch)
|Dimensions:||Height: 203 mm (8 inch) |
Width: 96 mm (3 inch)
Depth: 38 mm (1.5 inch)
|Indentor:||Extension: 2.54 mm |
Force: ± 0.1% full scale
|Weight:||< 0.5 kg (1 lb.)|
|Power Supply:||4 AAA batteries |
120 VAC / 60 Hz adapter optional
|Battery Life:||2000 hours |
24 hours continuous use with illumination
|Dwell Time:||1 — 25 s, adjustable|
|Environment:||10 — 38 Cº (50 — 100 Fº) |
10 — 90 %RH, non-condensing
|Displayed Results:||Scale in use |
Average or Median value
|User Interface Buttons:||Test / Recall |
Power (On / Off)
|Statistics:||Total test |
Highest hardness value
Lowest hardness value
Average or Median
|Memory:||256 test results|
|Standards:||ASTM D2240, ISO 868, ISO 7619, DIN 53505 and JIS K6253|
|9130—021||S1A||A||MODULAR TYPE A|
|9130—022||S1B||B||MODULAR TYPE B|
|9130—023||S1C||C||MODULAR TYPE C|
|9130—024||S1D||D||MODULAR TYPE D|
|9130—025||S1DO||DO||MODULAR TYPE DO|
|9130—026||S1O||O||MODULAR TYPE O|
|9130—027||S1OO||OO||MODULAR TYPE OO|
|9130—032||S1M||M||MODULAR TYPE M|
|9130—030||S1JISA||JIS A||MODULAR TYPE JISA|
|9130—031||S1JISC||JIS C||MODULAR TYPE JISC|
|9130—121||S1PA||A||PROBE TYPE A|
|9130—122||S1PB||B||PROBE TYPE B|
|9130—123||S1PC||C||PROBE TYPE C|
|9130—124||S1PD||D||PROBE TYPE D|
|9130—125||S1PDO||DO||PROBE TYPE DO|
|9130—126||S1PO||O||PROBE TYPE O|
|9130—127||S1POO||OO||PROBE TYPE OO|
|9130—130||S1PJISA||JIS A||PROBE TYPE JIS A|
|9130—131||S1PJISC||JIS C||PROBE TYPE JIS C|
|9130—035||S1MDB||N/A||MAIN DISPLAY BODY|
|9130—036||S1TSMK||N/A||TEST STAND MOUNTING KIT|
|9130—037||S1VA120||N/A||120 VAC ADAPTER|
|9130—038||S1VA220||N/A||220 VAC ADAPTER|
|9130—150||S1TP1||N/A||MICRO PRINTER 120 VAC|
|9130—151||S1TP2||N/A||MICRO PRINTER 220 VAC|
|9130—152||S1CIFC||N/A||INTERFACE CABLE (RS232C)|
|9130—153||S1SIFC||N/A||INTERFACE CABLE (to stand)|
|9130—244||S1902||N/A||AUTOMATIC STAND 120 VAC|
|9130—245||S1902||N/A||AUTOMATIC STAND 230 VAC|
- The Type M Micro Hardness System includes the hydraulic operating stand; digital display head; base adapter for probe; Type M probe; o-ring fixture kit; and test block set.
- The S1 902 Automatic Operating Stand System includes the base adapter, communications cable, and dust cover. Please order the S1 durometer separately.
modular digital durometer, digital durometer, Shore durometer, Shore durometers, Shore hardness, Shore, Shore A, Shore D, hardness, rubber hardness, plastic, plastic hardness, indentation hardness, ebonite, ebonite hardness, rubber hardness testing, rubber testing, hardness testing, durometer hardness, testing, ASTM D2240, D2240, ASTM D1957, ISO 868, ISO 7619, JIS K6253, JIS K6251, JIS K6252, JIS K 6253, JIS K6254, JIS K6255, JIS K6256, JIS K6257, JIS K6258, JIS K6259, JIS K6260, DIN 53505, DIN 53 505, CNS, K6898, BS 903, BS 2782, BS ISO 21509, BS EN ISO 868, GB/T 10807, MIL-STD-45622A, MIL-I-45208A, MIL-STD-120, ERDEC, TRDEC, NAVSWC, DREA, 83.060, 83.080.01.