Shore ceased all production operations in 2012 and their products are no longer available. CCSi continues to support Shore equipment in regard to service, calibration and ISO/IEC 17025 certification.
This precision automated system is designed to produce readings to laboratory standards in a production environment and reduce the operator introduced error commonly associated with IRHD testing.
The DuroTronic™ 2000 IRHD instrument provides timed automatic operation with LCD readout. The Model 903/2000 may be interfaced, using the integral RS-232C connection, to a PC or LAN (local area network) for convenient data transfer.
The standard test system is designed to comply to ASTM D1415, “Standard Test Method for Rubber Property — International Hardness” (2.5 mm indentor), as well as ISO 48, Type N. The IRHD method measures the indentation of a spherical indentor in elastomeric materials under precise load and time parameters.
The measurement is accomplished by applying a minor load to the indentor, which establishes the ‘0’ IRHD position. A major load is then applied, the indentor penetration is again electronically measured and the IRHD hardness measurement of the test specimen is displayed.
Ask for Price
- Model 903 Operating Stand with precision machined aluminum frame and cast jig plate, precision ground shafts, and four linear bearings which provide virtually friction free carriage movement;
- DuroTronic™ 2000 IRHD Transducer with precision LVDT and solid state electronics;
- The IRHD Transducer is manufactured of aircraft grade black anodized aluminum and fitted with linear bearings;
- Quality components provide accuracy within ± 0.3% at full scale;
- DuroTronic™ 2000 IRHD Transducer controls the 903 Stand timed operation;
- Displays, stores and automatically averages hardness determinations, for data transfer to statistical software applications;
- RS—232C Interface output;
- Vinyl dust cover included.
|Standards:||ASTM D1415 & ISO 48|
|Indicator:||Scale: 0—100 | Display: Backlit 4 Digit LCD | Resolution: 000.1|
|Throat Depth:||76 mm (3 inch)|
|Throat Height:||79 mm (3.125 inch)|
|Specimen Table:||152 x 128 mm (6 x 5 inch)|
|Indentor Diameter:||2.50 ± 0.01 mm (0.098 ± 0.0004 inch)|
|Presser Foot OD:||20 ± 0.01 mm (0.78 ± 0.0004 inch)|
|Presser Foot ID:||6 ± 1 mm (0.24 ± 0.04 inch)|
|Minor Force:||0.29 ± 0.02 N|
|Major Force:||5.4 ± 0.01 N|
|Total Indentor Force:||5.7 ± 0.03 N|
|Total Foot Force:||8.3 ± 1.5 N|
|Time, Minor Force:||5.0 ± 0.01 s|
|Time, Major Force:||0—99 s Adjustable|
|Power Required:||110/120 VAC 60 Hz (9130—260) | 220/230 VAC 50 Hz (9130—261)|
|Weight:||35 lb. (15.9 kg)|
|Durometer Replacement:||(#9130-010, 110 VAC)|
|Durometer Replacement:||(#9130-020, 220 VAC)|
|Operating Stand:||(#9130-260, 110 VAC)|
|Operating Stand:||(#9130-261, 220 VAC)|
|Certificate of calibration is included.|
IRHD Durometer, ISO 48, ASTM D1415, international rubber hardness degrees, international hardness, differential penetration, hardness scale value, force, penetration depth, dimension ball, normal test, N, high hardness test, H, low hardness test, L, microtest, M, curved surface, CN, CH, CL, CM, Shore durometer, Shore hardness, Shore, hardness, rubber hardness, plastic, plastic hardness, indentation hardness, ebonite, ebonite hardness, rubber hardness testing, rubber testing, hardness testing, durometer hardness, testing, MIL-STD-45622A, MIL-I-45208A, MIL-STD-120, ERDEC, TRDEC, NAVSWC, DREA, 83.060, 83.080.01.