CCSi features the Gibitre™ DenS—i—Meter PC density testing instrument for evaluating the density of rubber products through the comparative measurement of the specimen’s mass in air and water … the “hydrostatic method” … as described in ASTM D297 Part 16 and ISO 2781.
The Gibitre™ DenS—i—Meter PC density testing instrument also complies with ASTM D792 Standard Test Methods for Density and Specific Gravity (Relative Density) of Plastics by Displacement.
The DenS—i—Meter PC is a highly automated instrument. The complete test cycle is controlled by the PC and menu—driven Windows® compatible software!
Very little technician intervention is necessary, the density measurement is accurate, precise, reproducible and repeatable … and as easy as 1—2—3!
1. Insert the specimen;
2. Select [START] from the menu;
3. Remove the specimen.
The results are automatically displayed, stored and printed!
The instrument is completely computer controlled. The computer weighs the specimen in air, automatically raises the container to immerse the specimen in water, weighs the specimen while immersed, lowers the container and automatically computes the mass and volumetric variations and then displays/prints/stores the density, DM and DV, determinations.
The integral digital electronic balance and electro—mechanical mechanism are truly accurate, reliable and convenient … no external cumbersome pneumatic or hydraulic sources are required for operation!
The DenS—i—Meter Software can store virtually limitless density determinations with the two relevant mass and volume calculations. The technician may print the individual density determinations, comparative relevant mass and volume values, or both. The data is available for storage, retrieval and analysis.
- Microsoft® Windows compatible software;
- Storage and recovery of results;
- Automatic calculations of variations in volume and weight;
- Averaging of test determinations;
- Exclusion or repetition of “failed” tests;
- Results filed in standardized relational database;
- Available in English, Italian, French or Spanish;
- Use of “reference liquids” for determination of results versus media temperature.
- Meets the requirements of ASTM D297, ASTM D792 & ISO 2781;
- Sartorius® balance precision ± 0.001; full scale: 250 g;
- Minimum measurable density: 1 g/cm³;
- Automatic system to weigh specimen in both media (air and liquid);
- Automatic system to raise and lower container;
- Automatic calculation of density;
- Storage of density determinations with relevant mass and volume calculations;
- Automatic display of density and the relevant mass and volume calculations;
- Printing of density, the relevant mass and volume calculations, or both;
- Pentium®/Celeron® based PC, Color Monitor, Ink Jet Color Printer, Keyboard & Mouse;
- Windows compatible Dens—i—Meter Software;
- Power Supply: 220 VAC ± 10%, 2 amp, 1 PH, 50 ± 3 Hz;
- Power: 50 Watt;
- Suitable for determinations on nonabsorbent materials;
- Instrument Dimensions (W x L x H): 300 x 400 x 450 mm (11.81 x 15.75 x 17.72 inch);
- Weight: 10 kg (22 lb.), Instrument Only;
ISO 705, ISO 2871, ASTM D297, D297, ASTM D792, D792, density, relative density, density measurement, automatic density measurement, specific gravity, specific gravity tester, SG, displacement, hydrostatic, hydrostatic method, plastic, rubber, rubber from natural sources, latex, laboratory instruments, laboratory scale, laboratory balance, 83.060, 83.080.01, 83.040.10