CCSi features the Gibitre™ DenS—i—Meter Model EM (Electronic Module) density testing instrument for evaluating the density of rubber products through the comparative measurement of the specimen’s mass in air and water … the “hydrostatic method” … as described in ASTM D297 Part 16 and ISO 2781, as well as ASTM D792 Standard Test Methods for Density and Specific Gravity (Relative Density) of Plastics by Displacement.
The DenS—i—Meter Model EM consists of a high quality Sartorius® electronic balance, an ergonomically designed enclosure, and a motorized beaker movement system.
The Electronic Module controls the motorized system which allows the specimen to be weighed both in air and while immersed in the liquid. The test parameters, data, and results are displayed on the large backlit LCD display.
These automatic determinations of mass allow the technician to quickly calculate the density of the specimen.
- Balance capacity: 250 g;
- Balance resolution: 0.001, 0.0001 is available as an option;
- Balance precision: ± 0.001;
- Minimum measurable density: 1 g/cm³;
- Suitable for determinations on nonabsorbent materials;
- Automatic system to weigh specimen in both media (air and distilled water);
- Automatic system to raise and lower container;
- Power Supply: 220 VAC ± 10%, 2 amp, 1 PH, 50 ± 3 Hz;
- Power: 50 Watt;
- Dimensions (W x L x H): 300 x 400 x 450 mm (11.81 x 15.75 x 17.72 inch);
- Weight: 10 kg (22 lb.);
ISO 705, ISO 2871, ASTM D297, D297, ASTM D792, D792, density, relative density, density measurement, automatic density measurement, specific gravity, specific gravity tester, SG, displacement, hydrostatic, hydrostatic method, plastic, rubber, rubber from natural sources, latex, laboratory instruments, laboratory scale, laboratory balance, 83.060, 83.080.01, 83.040.10