CCSi manufactures this high quality UltraLife Compression Set Fixture for the determination of compression set, as indicated in ASTM D395 ‘Standard Test Methods for Rubber Property — Compression Set’, and described in ‘Test Method B — Compression Set Under Constant Deflection’. It is designed to accommodate both Type 1 and Type 2 specimens.
The UltraLife compression set fixture may also be employed in performing ASTM D1229 ‘Standard Test Method for Rubber Property—Compression Set at Low Temperatures’ determinations, further adding to its overall usefulness and cost effectiveness!
UltraLife ASTM D395 Method B Compression Set Fixtures are manufactured from homogenous, solid, high carbon content A2 tool steel. Each undergoes precision grinding and multi-axis, precision CNC (Computer Numerical Control) machining to exacting requirements, after which the plates and spacers are industrial chrome plated.
Precision grinding ensures a parallel surface profile of the plates and spacers, while CNC machining provides ultra-close dimensional tolerances. The quality of materials, design, and engineering serve to provide the highest quality test outcomes possible, over an extended service life.
The plates are thicker than standard fixtures, withstanding the deleterious effects of exposure to elevated and subnormal temperatures. This also accommodates later restoration, adding yet further to the fixture’s cost effectiveness. The spacers, which are critical to the accurate production of test determinations, are square on the longitudinal axis allowing them to be used, error free, on all four sides.
CCSi manufactures standard and specialty molds!
The connecting bolts are 0.625 inches (15.875 mm) in diameter and of Grade 5 quality, resisting distortion from over tightening. The heavy duty, over-sized washers evenly distribute the force applied to the hexagonal bolts and nuts over a larger area… virtually eliminating plate flexing. All connectors are plated with anti-corrosive zinc.
UltraLife ASTM D395 Method B Compression Set Fixtures are individually serialized and include a certification to ASTM D395, traceable to NIST, and compliance with ISO 9001:2000 and ISO/IEC 17025.
ASTM D395 Test Method B Compression Fixture Features:
- Exclusive UltraLife technology;
- Designed with advanced 3D solid modeling;
- High carbon content A2 tool steel;
- Manufactured using computerized systems and techniques;
- Precision ground;
- CNC (Computer Numerical Control) 4 axis machining;
- Industrial hard chrome finish;
- Engineered to withstand highly corrosive materials and extreme temperatures;
- Extra thick plates resist warping and accommodate restoration;
- Heavy duty 0.625 inch Grade 5 bolts resist distortion;
- Zinc plated bolts, washers, and nuts resist corrosion;
- May be used for ASTM D395 specimen Types 1 & 2; and ASTM D1229;
- Traceability of dimensional measurement to NIST;
- Certification to ASTM D395 & D1229;
- Compliance with ISO 9001:2000 and ISO/IEC 17025.
- Custom finishes: TFE, TefLok® Titanium & others;
- 304L Stainless steel construction.
|CCS-D395B||ASTM D395-B||D395 & D1229|
Standard Test Methods for Rubber Property – Compression Set, ASTM D395, Method B, compression set fixture, compression at specified force, compression at specified deflection, deformation, deflection, compression, elastic property, hysteresis, recovery, compressive force, constant force, ASTM D1229, Standard Test Method for Rubber Property—Compression Set at Low Temperatures, low temperature.