CCSi features the Gibitre™ DenS—i—Meter Model RC (Rapid Check) density testing instrument for evaluating the density of rubber products through the comparative measurement of the specimen’s mass in air and water … the “hydrostatic method” … as described in ASTM D297 Part 16 and ISO 2781, as well as ASTM D792 Standard Test Methods for Density and Specific Gravity (Relative Density) of Plastics by Displacement.
The DenS—i—Meter Model RC is easy-to-use, reliable, and fast!
Measurement of the specimen density is performed by placing the specimen on the suspension apparatus, setting the indicator to zero by positioning the two sliding counter weights, immersing the specimen into the media (distilled water) and reading the result on the graduated scale!
- Scale capacity: maximum 20 g specimen;
- Balance resolution:
- 0.01 g/cm3 from 1.00 — 2.00 g/cm3;
- 0.02 g/cm3 from 2.02 — 2.50 g/cm3;
- 0.05 g/cm3 from 2.55 — 3.00 g/cm3;
- Measurable density range: 1 — 3 g/cm3;
- Suitable for determinations on nonabsorbent materials;
- Manual system to weigh specimen in both media (air and distilled water);
- Manual system to raise and lower container;
- Power Supply: not required;
- Power: 50 Watt;
- Dimensions (W x L x H): 400 x 100 x 500 mm (15.75 x 1.97 x 19.72 inch);
- Weight: 4 kg (9 lb.);
ISO 705, ISO 2871, ASTM D297, D297, ASTM D792, D792, density, relative density, density measurement, automatic density measurement, specific gravity, specific gravity tester, SG, displacement, hydrostatic, hydrostatic method, plastic, rubber, rubber from natural sources, latex, laboratory instruments, laboratory scale, laboratory balance, 83.060, 83.080.01, 83.040.10